Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Baskets of Flowers

Sharon works part-time at the site, mostly outdoors, keeping the walks and porches swept, the pond clean, cutting out invasive plants in the woods. Whenever she has a spare moment, she pulls out her needle and thread. Curious, I asked her what she was making and she said she would bring it in. Here it is, partially finished.

I was nonplussed by the beauty of her work. This partially finished quilt is all hand stitched. The stitches are tiny and perfect. Her color selection is gorgeous. Look at how perfect the little hexagons are.

Here is a closer shot of one of the sections. This flowers in this basket are from material that I gave her from my mother's stash. I'm sure my mother would have been pleased to see how her material was used.

5 comments:

Kylee Baumle said...

Oh wow. That is GORGEOUS! Amazing.

Carol Michel said...

That's incredible. What patience it must take to sew on something like that!

Anonymous said...

Do you think Sharon would be willing to share where she found this pattern? I would absolutely love to make one of these.
cauffman3@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Don't mean to be a pain, but was sharon able to locate the name of this pattern (or how I can get it). I am still very interested in making this quilt.
Thanks,
Cathy
cauffman3@comcast.net

Happy Camper Quilts said...

I hope Sharon displays this English paper piecing work of art in a local quilt show. It's absolutely outstanding! LOVE IT!!